The voice of private tenants in Camden.
Our purpose is to:
Improve the housing conditions of private tenants in the London Borough of Camden, by working with and supporting them to organise and campaign for better protection, rights and services.
To do this we aim to:
- Produce and provide information for and about private tenants
- Provide help, support and assistance to individuals and groups
- Work to improve council services for private tenants
- Lobby and publicise private tenants issues at a local, regional and national level
- Carry out research to identify and assess the issues affecting private tenants and the impact these have on the community
- Participate in appropriate forums, meetings and networks, to ensure that we provide a voice for private tenants wherever possible
- Expand our membership and activities so that we represent private tenants from the full range of tenancy types and all of Camden’s communities
- Implement and promote the principles of openness, democracy and accountability
- Promote renting as a positive housing option that can be made by a significant proportion of the local, regional and national population